Sunday 28 August 2011

Yarny day

Hi lovelies!

It's been a while! I have had a very busy time. I went to Lowlands (many Dutch will know it), a music festival. I didn't sleep much and now I am a bit sick :-(. At least I don't miss much sun, cause it is of course raining here in holland.


Since it feels like autumn, I had the urge to make "kruidnootjes". A Dutch treat eaten at the "Sinterklaas" fest. This fest isn't until the 5th of December, but I couldn't resist. So I baked a handful and eat almost all of it *wooops*. Aaaah, the smell of fresh baked delicious cookies. A big pot of tea and a little bit of yarn to go with it, aaaaaah what a bliss.



Oh, if you are wondering how to make these cookies, here is the recipe:

100 grams of selfraizing flower
50 grams of dark caster sugar
40 grams of butter, chopped in small pieces.
1 teaspoon of mixed spices (koek- of speculaaskruiden voor de hollanders)
a pinch of salt
2 table spoons of milk

Mix all the ingredients and heat the oven at 175 degrees. Make small balls of about 1 cm of the dough and put them on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.

The spices that are used can be bought mixed in holland. I don't know if you can get these spices in different countries. It consists of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, white pepper, gingerpowder and cardamom.

Well, I have a long way to go before I can show you another ta-da moment (to speak in Lucy terms ;-)) so I better get going!

Lots of love,

Suzanne....and sleepyhead Puck, haha:




1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look amazing! Are they kind of like snickerdoodles? Your doggie is also the sweetest thing, is he/she a mix?

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?