Wednesday 11 January 2012

WIP Wednesday: A little game

This week has been all about a knit project, my first big knit project. Apart from scarf and mittens I never knit anything wearable. But of course my 65% alpaca yarn deserves something that is worn in what should be a horror winter. All kind of scientists and experts predicted a winter with freezing temperatures. Snow and ice were to be expected.

So far the experts couldn’t have been more wrong. Winter has been far from horror this year; it’s more of a second autumn. That is, without bright autumn colors. Instead we have misty blue and grey and rain, lots of rain. So much rain that part of Holland were threatened to flood. Dykes were strengthened and sandbags were placed. Luckily the water level dropped and all was well. 




Although this horror winter hasn’t shown up yet, no need to despair. I still hope to see some winter wonderlands in January or even February. So to be fully prepared for long walks in the snow and icy forests, I am making a delightful winter project. 


This is a close-up of the project I am making of my yammy alpaca yarn. Can you guess which project it will be? I think some of you might recognize it. It is almost done and I hope to share a finished project with you this week. 


A little more about the yarn; I use to buy a lot of acrylic yarn. Just recently I bought my first wool and now my first alpaca wool. It seems alpaca’s smell wonderful, the dog is intrigued by it. Normally he totally ignores all the yarn lying around, but not this time. He wants to have it, all for himself.  I made a little clip of him so you could see him in “action” together with Mr. Boyfriend. 



This is the first time I participate in the WIP link party and I like it already! Check out the other project at Tami's Amis.

6 comments:

  1. We've had a strange winter so far too. There's been lots of rain and some horrible windy weather, but it hasn't been very cold. I like the cold blue skied days, but maybe we'll still get some.

    Your cable knitting looks great and I love the colour, I look forward to seeing what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to WIPW! I don't know what you're knitting, but I really want to curl up and take a nap on it, so that's a good sign. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment and it will become clear soon! It's almost done.

      Delete
  3. Our winter was very mild compared to last year, we have had more problems with wind than with snow. your knitting project looks really pretty and comfy, especially with that kind of wool, i can imagine it being soo soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne..Thanks for popping over to my blog....Yep, it's the same in the UK too so far... but I have a feeling that it is just around the corner.. we may look back next week and eat our words! Beautiful yarn and the project is intriguing! Our dog Fred says HI to your dog...what is his name? :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred, that's such a cool name! Hi Fred ;-). Ours is named Puck and I will say hi haha.

      Delete

Something on your mind?