Friday 23 January 2015

Pinkefeller Shawl by Stephen West









Details
Pattern Rockefeller by Stephen West

Needle US 2½ - 3.0 mm

Yarn 
Malabrigo Sock, Natural
Manos Del Uruguay Alegria, A9452 
Artesano Alpaca Silk 4ply, Cyclamen 5225

Difficulty Medium

Pattern review
I adore the designs of Stephen West, they have a modern, funky and fresh feel to them. 
This shawl is knitted in four parts, this keeps the pattern interesting to knit. You will have to follow the instructions each time you start a new part of the pattern, but it will only take you a few rows before you get the hang of it. I was able to knit big parts while watching some of my favorite shows. It is a great way to learn short rows and slipped stitches. 

The pattern says you need 450yds / 411m of colour A (the white) and 505yds / 462m colour B (the pink/rainbow). I only had 445yds and 407m of the pink/rainbow Manos del Uruguay, so I run out. I should have bought two skeins when I had the chance, since my favorite yarnstore run out when I wanted another skein later on. Lesson learned, don't be stingy when buying yarn! 

I loved, loved, loved knitting this one! I highly recommend buying this pattern (if you didn't already). The shawl looks complicated, but it really isn't. I don't think it is a beginner project, but if you have knit some simple projects you can definitely give this one a try.



2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love the pattern, but the colours you've chosen make it perfect....i always go for pinks, and those are gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of pattern, colors and yarn! I love your fresh and bright take on this pattern. He is an amazingly creative designer. Love his latest take on brioche knitting.

    ReplyDelete

Something on your mind?